Wednesday 5 November 2008

News at last!

I've just received news that the children's SW has been in touch with my agency. It's not quite what I wanted to hear but kind of what I already knew - they will be spending the whole of November looking for an adoptive family for the children, and will look at long term carers after their meeting at the end of the month if a suitable adoptive family isn't found.

I'm tempted to put my name forward as an adopter but I don't know if this is possible, or even if I'd be taken seriously. And then there's the issue of finances. Can a single parent afford three children??!

I just want the best for these kids and think we could be a very good family for them. Their SW seemed to think so too when I spoke to her, but I've now got a month to wait to find out if anyone 'better' has come along.

No comments: