Wednesday 27 August 2008

Twins and a self harming teenager

That was the call I got today. Six year old twin girls and their 14 year old sister. Wanted to know if I would take them.

Of course I would, as long as they'd be ok around my 2 year old. I know very little about what to expect so I trust my agency to only place children with me that wouldn't pose a risk to my daughter. They decided to discuss it further...

The call back this afternoon was disappointing. The older girl was very angry and destructive and the local authority wouldn't place them with me. There had been mention of me just having the twins but they want to keep them all together (which I totally understand).

Schools start back next week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed things will happen soon.

2 comments:

Janine said...

Waiting for a placement when you're keen to start is hard, but not as hard as trying to make an unsuitable placement work or having to ring up the worker to come remove the kids - so hang in there, "your" kids will be with you some time soon. We've been fostering 16 years, and have one long term placement at the moment, so we're feeling pretty settled (till he has to leave us!)

Emily said...

You're absolutely right. It's hard because I've been waiting so long, and it's hard hearing about these kids and not being able to take them. But I know having the right placement is so important, for all of us. Thanks for commenting :) *off to take a peek at your blog now*